What is OpenSea’s policy?
OpenSea is a sex-positive platform and we want people to feel free to express their sexuality. That means we even allow full nudity and pornography as long as the content is created and distributed consensually. We believe our adult users—and not OpenSea—are in the best position to decide whether they want to see adult content.
This doesn't mean anything goes. We will enforce on adult content that is not created and distributed consensually. Our Sexual Exploitation Policy is intended to protect our community from harm, and content that violates these guidelines will be delisted.
- We don’t allow non-consensual sexual content.
- We don’t allow content that could be deemed sexual exploitation. This includes revenge porn, creepshots, upskirt shots, and any other behavior that distributes sexualized content without the subject’s consent.
What does the NSFW label mean?
We require some content to be labeled NSFW to provide users with an opportunity to decide whether they want to see it.
Here are some examples of content that would be labeled NSFW:
- Content that depicts real or fictional human genitals or anuses
- Content that depicts, whether explicit or implied, real or fictional genital to genital, genital to mouth, or genital to anus contact
- Depictions of masturbation
- Clothed pictures where the subject is in a bedroom or place commonly associated with sex and demonstrates a willingness or desire to engage in sex (i.e. bent over bed, legs spread on bed)
- Depictions of real or fictional byproducts of sex, such as semen
- Content that depicts fictional bestiality
- Depictions of real sex toys