OpenSea is now compatible with the Arbitrum chain Arbitrum One, which features rapid and inexpensive transactions.
If you’re buying an NFT on Arbitrum, you’ll need to add Arbitrum to your wallet and bridge your ETH to Arbi ETH.
Let’s dive in!
Adding Arbitrum to your wallet
Many wallets will automatically prompt you to switch networks. If your wallet doesn’t support this, or you’d like to add the Arbitrum network to your wallet manually, you can follow these steps:
1. Click on your browser extension for MetaMask.
2. From the network drop-down menu, click Add Network.
3. Fill in the network information manually, matching the screenshot below.
- Network Name: Arbitrum One
- New RPC URL: https://arb1.arbitrum.io/rpc
- Chain ID: 42161
- Currency Symbol: ETH
- Block Explorer URL: https://arbiscan.io/
4. Click Save.
5. You should now see Arbitrum One added to your networks.
Bridging ETH onto Arbitrum
In order to spend ETH on Arbitrum, you’ll need to bridge ETH from the Ethereum network to the Arbitrum One network.
1. On OpenSea, click the Wallet icon in the upper right corner.
2. Click the three-dot menu next to your ETH balance.
3. Select Bridge to Arbitrum. If you don’t see this option, switch your wallet to Ethereum Mainnet.
4. Input the amount of ETH you want to convert to Arbi ETH and click Convert tokens. With this action, you'll be making a direct call to the Arbitrum bridge smart contract to perform the conversion.
5. Confirm the transaction in your wallet.
6. Once the transaction is processed, you’ll see a Transaction Complete confirmation message.
7. You might need to refresh funds for your wallet to reflect the new transaction.
After this, you should be all set to purchase NFTs using OpenSea!