Optimism is an EVM equivalent Optimistic Rollup chain designed to be fast, simple, and secure.
If you’re buying an NFT on Optimism, you’ll need to add the Optimism network to your wallet and bridge your ETH to OP ETH. Let’s get started!
Adding Optimism to your wallet
If you’re buying an NFT on Optimism, many wallets will automatically prompt you to switch networks. If your wallet doesn’t support this, or you’d like to add the Optimism network to your wallet manually, you can follow these steps:
1. Click on your browser extension for MetaMask.
2. From the network drop-down menu, click Add Network.
3. Fill in the network information manually, matching the screenshot below:
- Network name: Optimism
- New RPC URL: https://mainnet.optimism.io
- Chain ID: 10
- Currency Symbol: ETH
- Explorer: https://optimistic.etherscan.io
4. Click Save.
5. You should now see Optimism added to your networks.
Bridging ETH onto Optimism
In order to spend ETH on Optimism, you’ll need to bridge ETH from the Ethereum network to the Optimism network.
1. On OpenSea, click the Wallet icon in the upper right corner.
2. Click the three-dot menu next to your ETH balance.
3. Select Bridge to Optimism. If you don’t see this option, switch your wallet to Ethereum Mainnet.
4. Input the amount of ETH you want to convert to OP ETH and click Convert tokens. With this action, you'll be making a direct call to the Optimism bridge smart contract to perform the conversion.
5. Confirm the transaction in your wallet.
6. Once the transaction is processed, you’ll see a Transaction Complete confirmation message.
7. You may need to refresh funds for your wallet to reflect the new transaction. After this, you should be all set to purchase an NFT using OpenSea!
You can learn more about using Optimism with different wallets in the Optimism Help Center.