In this guide, we’ll explain how to use Phantom, a crypto wallet for the Solana ecosystem.
Phantom Wallet Features
Phantom is a popular non-custodial crypto wallet designed for Solana that lets you do more than just deposit and send cryptocurrency.
Here are some notable built-in features of Phantom:
- Receive and view all your Solana-based NFTs in a dedicated section, Your Collectibles.
- Swap Solana tokens like SOL and USDC in the Phantom wallet extension. You can also buy directly with your credit card using third-party providers such as MoonPay.
- View your complete blockchain transaction history, synced across all devices with the Recent Activity section.
- Native support for hardware wallets like Ledger for additional security.
- Secure the Solana network and receive rewards by staking your SOL token in-app with a validator.
How do I install and use it?
First, navigate to https://phantom.app/download. You'll have the option to download Phantom on a variety of supported desktop browsers, including Chrome, Brave, Firefox and Edge. Please follow the browser-specific downloading instructions on Phantom's site. You can also download the mobile version on the iOS app store.
Phantom, like most non-custodial crypto wallets, requires you to create a wallet with a 12-word seed phrase. This seed phrase acts as a password to your wallet. You should safeguard this seed phrase and never reveal it to anyone. For more security tips, please read our wallet security guide.
Once you've installed your wallet, you can either send SOL to your wallet from another Solana wallet, purchase SOL from a crypto exchange, or buy SOL within your Phantom wallet extension using MoonPay.
Next: Learn how to purchase SOL.