This article introduces how to set an NFT profile picture on your Twitter profile.
What is an NFT profile picture?
NFT profile pictures are a way to show off the NFTs you own on your Twitter profile. Adding your NFT to your Twitter profile requires a temporary connection to your crypto wallet.
After confirming this connection request in your crypto wallet, your NFT displays in a special hexagon shape that identifies you as the owner of that NFT (see below).
This feature only supports static image NFTs (formatted as JPEG, PNG) minted on the Ethereum blockchain (for example ERC-721 and ERC-1155 tokens).
How do I use this feature?
This feature is currently available for Twitter Blue subscribers on web, iOS, and Android.
You'll need a mobile crypto wallet app to connect to Twitter. For this tutorial, we are using the MetaMask mobile crypto wallet. To add your NFT profile picture, please follow the instructions below.
- Sign into Twitter on iOS.
- Go to your profile.
- Press Edit profile, then tap on the profile picture icon and select Choose NFT.
- Select your crypto wallet from a list of supported wallets.
- Twitter will generate a verification request message to your wallet address. You'll be asked to confirm that you hold the private keys of your crypto wallet by signing a transaction. This can be done within your crypto wallet app or by scanning the QR code on the screen.
- Once you've connected your wallet, select a supported NFT in your wallet, press Done, and then Save to confirm your choice.
- Your Twitter profile picture will now display in a special hexagon shape that identifies you as the owner of that NFT.
- To view your NFT details, press your profile picture and press View NFT Details. You'll be able to view information like the NFT's Creator, Owner, Collection, Properties, and much more!
- You can also click More on OpenSea.io to redirect and view your NFT on OpenSea.