If you live in a supported region, you can use MoonPay to buy NFTs with a credit or debit card. MoonPay helps convert your fiat currency to cryptocurrency, which is used to purchase NFTs. A credit card processing fee will apply to all credit card purchases. If you’re using ETH, gas fees will apply as well.
To use a credit card to purchase NFTs, you must first complete an identity verification process through MoonPay. The process is not controlled by OpenSea and OpenSea doesn't store this data.
Buying with a card
Depending on the cost of the NFT you’re purchasing, you may need a valid identity document, such as a passport or a driver’s license, to complete this process. You can follow these steps to purchase an NFT with a card:
1. Navigate to the item page of the NFT you'd like to purchase.
2. Click the Buy now button and select Card as the payment method.
3. Confirm your purchase details before clicking Continue. MoonPay may charge fees for their services. You can see more by clicking “View fees.”
4. Confirm your wallet address and click Continue.
5. Enter your email address and follow the steps to verify it with MoonPay.
6. Complete the MoonPay registration process. You'll need to enter your name, date of birth, and billing address to complete this step. You can view screenshots of what MoonPay’s interface looks like in our How do I complete verification with MoonPay? help guide.
7. After registration is complete, you’ll be taken back to the standard checkout process to complete the purchase. As always, there may be slight delays in your transaction processing time due to network congestion.