Account verification brings greater trust to the NFT ecosystem by helping the community identify authentic creators and identify that the content belongs to them.
A blue checkmark badge on an account means that account has been verified for authenticity by OpenSea.
A blue checkmark badge on a collection means the collection belongs to a verified account and has significant interest or sales.
You can learn more about account verification and collection badge eligibility below, and how to apply.
Account Verification Minimum Requirements
Accounts that own collections with at least 75 ETH of volume sold (or equivalent) and meet other criteria like minimum activity levels and social presence are eligible to apply for verification.
These accounts will see a banner on their account page directing them to apply for verification in their profile settings. They will also receive an email from OpenSea if they have a verified email address listed.
Account verification criteria
Since the goal of verification is to support a healthy ecosystem on OpenSea, not all accounts are eligible for verification. Before you can apply for account verification, your account must have:
- Ownership of a collection with at least 75 ETH of volume sold (or equivalent)
- A username
- A profile picture
- A verified email address
- A connected Twitter or Instagram account, or a collection with an active Discord connection
Here’s how to apply for account verification:
- Navigate to your Profile settings.
- Find the Apply for verification heading at the top of the page.
- Once you’ve completed your profile, click Submit request.
Our customer support team will review your request, and you’ll receive a response within seven days. You can also see the review decision in your profile settings.
If your account is verified, your username, email address, and social connections fields in your profile will be locked for security purposes. You’ll need to contact our support team in order to make changes to a verified account profile.
Loss of verification
If you violate our Terms of Service or if you no longer meet the eligibility criteria, you could lose your verified status.
We reserve the right to decline to verify an account or remove verified status for any reason and without notice.
Some accounts and collections that are initially eligible to apply may not meet certain internal criteria, such as size of social media following, collection sales activity, or ownership distribution. We’re continuing to look for ways to expand eligibility to more accounts and provide as much transparency as we can about verification decisions.
Once your account is verified, your collections will be eligible to apply to be badged.
Before you can submit your collection for review, it must have the following characteristics:
- A title
- A banner
- A logo image
- A connected Twitter, Instagram, or Discord server
- All collection items minted/revealed
- Certification by the collection creator that the work is original
Here’s how to apply for a badge:
- Navigate to your collection page.
- On the right side of the page, click the three-dot menu and select Edit.
- Scroll down to the Apply for a collection badge heading.
- Once all of the criteria are met, click Request badge.
Our customer support team will review your request, and you’ll receive a response within seven days. You can also see the review decision on the edit collection page.
If a collection is reviewed by our customer support team and isn’t granted a badge, you’ll need to wait seven days before your collection will be eligible for another review.
If your collection appears to be inspired by an existing badged collection, our customer support team may require your collection be tagged as an “inspired by” collection in order to be badged. More information can be found in our Help Center guide.
We reserve the right to decline a collection badging request for any reason and remove the badge if the collection is not in line with our Terms of Service.
Collections from accounts that have an official partnership with OpenSea are exceptions to the above eligibility criteria. For more information about partnering with us, please visit opensea.io/partners.
What does the badge look like?
A collection with a badge will display "This collection belongs to a verified account and has significant interest or sales" when you hover the mouse over the blue checkmark.
When browsing the marketplace, you’ll also see a badge on any item from a badged collection.
Other ways to get badged
While we typically require 75ETH+ in volume to consider an account for verification or a collection for badging, there are four other ways to be eligible to apply:
- Collections and accounts that have a high risk of impersonation.
- New collections created by existing verified accounts that have at least one badged collection.
- Collections and accounts with significant social media followings. For example, a collection or account with 1M social media followers.
- Collections from accounts that have an official partnership with OpenSea. For more information about partnering with us, visit opensea.io/partners.