Ready to sell your first NFT using OpenSea? This guide explains how to get started.
Selling an NFT using OpenSea
1. On OpenSea, navigate to the top right of the page and click your Profile icon.
2. Select the NFT you would like to sell from your wallet. If you don't have an NFT available to sell, check out our create an NFT tutorial to get started.
3. On the top right of the item page, click Sell.
4. Choose the Type of sale and the Price. In a Fixed Price sale, the seller establishes the NFT price. To learn more about Timed Auction sales, you can refer to our How do timed auctions work? help guide.
5. Set a duration for the sale by choosing a default duration or setting a custom duration using the calendar.
6. Lastly, you can choose to reserve the item for a specific buyer. To do so, open the More options section and enter their wallet address into the Reserve for specific buyer field .
In all those options, you'll see the potential fees from the sale listed at the bottom. In this case, this sale includes OpenSea's Service Fee of 2.5% and Creator Earnings of 3%, for a total of 5.5%.
Completing your sale
You'll then be asked to confirm your sale by signing a transaction.
If you’ve never sold on OpenSea before, you’ll need to initialize your wallet first. Also, if the item you're listing was not minted on OpenSea but through a custom contract, there may be an additional approval and signature required to allow OpenSea to trade the item on your behalf.
Once your listing is complete, you'll see a pop-up confirmation like the one below. Make sure to share your listing on social media!
To see the items you have listed to sell, navigate to your profile page and select More → Active listings.