Looking to sell your first NFT using OpenSea? Follow these step-by-step instructions.
⚠️ Be aware of common phishing attempts. "Buyers" may claim they're experiencing an error when trying to purchase an item by messaging the seller with screenshots over social media. OpenSea will never ask you to send funds in order to sell an item or resolve a transaction failure. Learn more about staying safe in web3 in our help guide. If you're experiencing a phishing attempt, here's how to report it.
Selling an NFT using OpenSea
1. On OpenSea, navigate to the top right of the page and click your Profile icon.
2. Select the NFT you would like to sell from your wallet. If you don't have an NFT available to sell, check out our detailed tutorial on how to create an NFT to get started.
3. On the top right of the item page, click List for sale.
4. The default sale is a Fixed Price sale, where the seller sets the NFT price. You can click the pop-out window to see the option to sell your item using a timed auction.
5. Choose a default duration for the listing or set a custom duration.
6. You can also choose to reserve the item for a specific buyer. To do so, open the More options section and enter their wallet address into the Reserve for specific buyer field.
7. Lastly, you may see the option to include the creator’s preferred creator earnings, or set your own custom creator earnings for this listing. If you’re listing an item from a collection with enforced creator earnings, you won’t be able to change the creator earnings percentage.
Completing your listing
You'll then be asked to confirm your sale by signing a transaction. You can learn more about first-time listing fees in our help guide.
Once your listing is complete, you'll see a pop-up confirmation like the one below.
To see the items you have listed to sell, navigate to your profile page and select More → Active listings. Once your item has been listed, you don't need to do anything else to complete a sale. Buyers can follow the steps in our guide on purchasing an NFT.
Listing multiple NFTs
You can use our bulk listing feature to list up to 30 fixed-price items for sale across the same chain. You can choose the specific listing price and duration for each NFT.
This will create a unique listing for each item, so if you decide to cancel, you’ll need to cancel each listing individually. You can learn about how to cancel all your item listings on Ethereum in our help guide.
1. Navigate to your profile and click the Collected tab.
2. Select multiple items and click List items at the bottom of the page.
3. Choose the listing price for each item and the duration of the sale. You can use the Apply to all feature to apply the same price or sale duration to all listings.
4. Click List at the bottom of the page.
Still have questions? Check out our Learn Center article on selling NFTs.
You won’t be able to accept offers on NFTs for 3 hours after certain transfers or sales. Speedy transfers and quick offer accepts may indicate suspicious activity. This time helps OpenSea and the community better detect and report issues, like possible theft. Check back later to accept the offer.
OpenSea will read from delegate.cash, an on-chain, decentralized registry that associates trusted wallets together. Items transferred between these trusted wallets won’t be subject to a 3-hour hold period.
To get started, visit https://delegate.xyz/, connect your wallet, and click delegate to register another trusted wallet. You’ll be able to accept offers on items transferred between these wallets.
Learn more about our stolen items policy.