Ready to sell your first NFT using OpenSea? This guide explains how to get started.
Selling an NFT using OpenSea
On OpenSea, navigate to the top right of the page and click your Profile icon.
Select the NFT you would like to sell from your wallet. If you don't have an NFT available to sell, check out our create an NFT tutorial to get started.
On the top right of the item page, click Sell.
You'll be taken to the listing page, where you can choose the price and type of sale.
In a Fixed Price sale, the seller establishes the NFT price. In the screenshot below, the price is fixed at 1 ETH. You can refer to How do timed auctions work? to learn more about Timed Auction sales.
You can also set a duration for the sale by choosing a default duration or setting a custom duration using the calendar.
Lastly, you can choose to reserve the item for a specific buyer. To do so, open the More options section and enter their wallet address into the field Reserve for specific buyer.
In all those options, you'll see the potential fees from the sale listed at the bottom. In this case, this sale includes OpenSea's Service Fee of 2.5% and Creator Earnings of 10%, for a total of 12.5%. This is the highest percentage that can be deducted from an NFT sale on OpenSea.
Completing your sale
You'll then be asked to confirm your sale by signing a transaction.
If you’ve never sold on OpenSea before, you’ll need to initialize your wallet first. Also, if the item you're listing was not minted on OpenSea but through a custom contract, there may be an additional approval and signature required to allow OpenSea to trade the item on your behalf.
Once your listing is complete, you'll see a pop-up confirmation like the one below. Make sure to share your listing on social media!
To see the items you have listed to sell, navigate to your profile page and select More → Active listings.