Ready to sell your first NFT on OpenSea? This guide explains how to get started.
Selling an NFT on OpenSea
From opensea.io, select your profile image in the top right and then click Profile.
Select the NFT you would like to sell from your wallet. If you don't have an NFT available to sell, check out our create an NFT tutorial to get started.
Select Sell on the top right to be taken to the listing page.
You'll be taken to the listing page, where you can choose the price and type of sale.
A "Fixed Price" sale is one where the price stays fixed. In this screenshot below, the price is fixed at 1 ETH. Click here to learn more about "Timed Auction" sales.
You can also set a duration for the sale. The default options are 1 day, 3 days, or 1 week - but you can also set a custom duration using the calendar.
You can also include the item in a bundle (grouping NFTs from different collections)*.
Lastly, you can also reserve the item for a specific buyer. To do so, simply paste their address into the field below "Reserve for a specific buyer".
In all those options, you'll see the potential fees from the sale listed at the bottom. In this case, this sale includes OpenSea's "Service Fee" of 2.5% and a "Creator Royalty" of 10%, for a total of 12.5%. This is the highest percentage that can be deducted from an NFT sale on OpenSea.
Completing your sale
You'll then be asked to confirm your sale by signing a transaction.
Please note, if you’ve never sold on OpenSea before, you’ll need to initialize your wallet first. Also, if the item you are listing was not minted on OpenSea but through a custom contract, there may be an additional approval and signature required to allow OpenSea to trade the item on your behalf.
Once your listing is complete, you will get a pop-up confirmation like below. Make sure to share your listing on social media!
To see the items you have listed to sell, from your profile page select the Activity tab.
You will see the item you just listed labeled with the transaction List.