The easiest way to purchase an item using OpenSea is with a credit card. During the transaction, a third-party payment tool, MoonPay, will convert your local currency into cryptocurrency so you can purchase the item. A credit card processing fee will apply to all credit card purchases, as well as a blockchain transaction fee called gas.
Here’s how to purchase an item using a credit card:
- Click the Buy now button to start the checkout process.
- You’ll see a Checkout with MoonPay pop-up window. Open the “Purchasing NFT” dropdown to see the network fee (gas fee) and processing fee associated with the transaction.
- Confirm your purchase details before clicking Continue.
- Follow the steps to verify your email address with MoonPay.
- Enter your payment information and click Continue.
There may be a short delay while the transaction is processing, but you should soon see your new item in your account! You can see all the items you’ve purchased in the Collected tab on your OpenSea profile.
If this purchase flow isn’t working for you, check to see if you live in a region that Moonpay doesn’t support. In this case, you can use your preferred cryptocurrency exchange to buy crypto, and then follow their instructions to transfer it to your wallet.
Before making a purchase, it’s important to do your due diligence on the seller and the collection. Make sure to follow our web3 safety tips, check out the history of the collection, and see if the seller has indicated any future plans or posted a roadmap.
Now that you own an item, let’s learn more about it in the next article.