OpenSea is now compatible with Base, a secure, low-cost, developer-friendly Ethereum Layer 2.
To use OpenSea to purchase Base NFTs, you'll need to add Base to your wallet and bridge some ETH. Let's get started!
Adding Base to your wallet
To add Base to your wallet, you’ll need the chain RPC information found in the Base developer docs.
Here's how to add Base to MetaMask:
1. Click on your MetaMask browser extension.
2. Select the network drop-down menu at the top of the screen and select Add Network.
3. This will open up a new window. Click Add a network manually at the bottom of your screen.
4. Fill in the network information:
- Network name: Base Mainnet
- New RPC URL: https://mainnet.base.org
- Chain ID: 8453
- Currency symbol: ETH
- Block explorer URL: https://basescan.org
5. Click Save.
6. You should now see Base added to your networks.
Bridging ETH to Base
1. On OpenSea, select your wallet balance, then click on the balance dropdown.
2. Select Bridge to Base.
3. Enter the amount of ETH you want to bridge to Base.
4. Click Convert tokens.
5. Confirm the transaction in your wallet (this can take a couple of minutes). This also requires a payment of a gas fee.
Alternatively, you can use Base’s native bridging platform, Base Bridge, to bridge ETH from Ethereum to Base and vice versa.
After you’ve added Base to your wallet and bridged some ETH, you’ll be ready to purchase Base NFTs using OpenSea!