Polygon is a blockchain that provides scalable, secure, and quick transactions with Ethereum currencies such as ETH, USDC, and DAI.
In order to spend your Ethereum currencies on Polygon, you must first bridge them from the Ethereum network (ETH) to the Polygon network (PoS).
This guide assumes you already have some ETH in your account. If that's not the case, start with our How do I purchase Ethereum? guide and return here to complete the process.
Bridging ETH onto Polygon
1. Navigate to the top right of the OpenSea website and click your Wallet balance.
2. Click the balance dropdown and select Bridge to Polygon.
3. In the pop-up window, enter how much ETH you would like to bridge onto Polygon.
4. Click Convert tokens. With this action, you'll be making a direct call to the Polygon bridge smart contract to perform the conversion.
5. You'll be prompted to sign a transaction with your crypto wallet and pay a gas fee. Once you've signed the transaction and it's completed, you should see a confirmation.
6. The bridging process from Ethereum to Polygon takes a few minutes. Once it's complete, you'll see your bridged ETH on Polygon (PoS) in your wallet.
For additional confirmation of your bridged funds, you can search for your wallet address on Polygonscan and check the tab for ERC-20 Token Transfers.
Next: Now that you've transferred ETH onto Polygon (PoS), you can check out our guide How do I purchase NFTs on Polygon?