Polygon is a blockchain that provides scalable, secure, and instant transactions with Ethereum currencies such as ETH, USDC, and DAI.
In order to spend your Ethereum currencies on Polygon, you must first bridge them from the Ethereum network (ETH) to the Polygon network (PoS).
This guide assumes you already have some ETH in your account. If that's not the case, start with our How do I purchase Ethereum? guide and return here to complete the process.
Bridging ETH onto Polygon
- Navigate to the top right of the OpenSea website and click the wallet icon.
- Click the three-dot menu for Ethereum and select Bridge to Polygon.
- In the pop-up window, enter how much ETH you would like to bridge onto Polygon.
- You'll be prompted to sign a transaction on your crypto wallet.
- Once you've signed the transaction and it's completed, you should see a confirmation.
- The bridging process from Ethereum to Polygon takes a few minutes. Once it's complete, you'll see a purple ETH icon representing your bridged ETH on Polygon (PoS).
Here's a screen capture of the same process:
For additional confirmation of your bridged funds, you can search for your wallet address on Polygonscan and check the tab for ERC-20 Token Transfers.
Next: Now that you've transferred ETH onto Polygon (PoS), you can check out our guide How do I purchase NFTs on Polygon?