One cool aspect of NFTs is that they can be programmed to pay a creator earnings fee each time the NFT is sold, allowing creators to be rewarded fairly for their digital work. These creator earnings are paid every time an NFT moves from wallet to wallet after a purchase.
Creator earnings can’t be adjusted directly on OpenSea for Solana NFT collections. For Solana, you'll need to set or modify your creator earnings on-chain. You can learn more about minting an NFT on Solana in our Developer Documentation.
Setting your creator earnings
If you're the collection owner, you can follow these steps to edit the creator earnings and payout addresses:
- On OpenSea, navigate to the upper right corner and click the Profile icon.
- Select My Collections.
- On the collection you'd like to edit, click the three-dot menu and select Edit.
- Under the Creator earnings heading, enter the earnings wallet address or ENS domain.
5. Set a percentage of up to 10% total. You can split the creator fee between multiple addresses and you can change the percentages at any time. Changes will only apply to new listings.
6. If you’re entering multiple addresses, you’ll also need to specify the creator fee each address will receive. For example, you can set Wallet A to receive a 2.5% creator fee, and Wallet B to receive an additional 3% creator fee.
7. Scroll down and click Submit changes.
Viewing your creator earnings
To view your creator earnings payouts, navigate to your collection page, click the three-dot menu on the top right, and select Creator earnings.
Only the owner of a collection can edit creator earnings percentages. If you're seeing an error message when editing creator earnings, you'll need to ask the collection owner to make the change.